what files do you need to copy to the DVD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • code7
    • Sep 2003

what files do you need to copy to the DVD?

Hey guys, what files do you need to burn to the DVD? I did a re-author and just copied the movie not all the extras. When it finished it copying it copied 5 large video files and 4 small files IFO,BUP,and IFO formats. Do you need the small files on the burn?

Next question is I'm not able to play a DVD I burned on my PS2 or my standalone DVD player, however I can play the DVD on my computer. What do I need to do to get the DVD to play on my home DVD player?

IS it a burning software problem? I burned the DVD with Roxio.
    Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

(I assume you've used DVD Shrink)

"Do you need the small files on the burn?"

You need ALL of the files that were produced - and you need to place ALL of these files in a folder named "VIDEO_TS" (MUST be ALL capitals) for burning...

Comment

• code7
      • Sep 2003

So all you need to do is create a folder named "VIDEO_TS" put all the files in it and burn? this will solve all my problems with the playback too?

By the way yes I am using video shrink.
      Thanks for the advice I'll give it a shot.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I believe most burning software needs a AUDIO_TS folder, too (even though the folder is empty).

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To rsquirell

"Correct me if I'm wrong...but I believe most burning software needs a AUDIO_TS folder"

No, burning software doesn't require this (Some, such as NERO, automatically generate it). Some older DVD players, not very many, do require the existence of this empty folder on the DVD...

Comment

Working...