Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doucha
    • Sep 2003

Help.. Jerky Video when Exporting

I've just bought a Panasonic NV-DV65 camcorder and recorded some stuff.

I've been experimenting with Adobe Premiere 6 to edit it, but when I export it.. using Export To Tape, the footage jerks horribly, making it really poor.

I got a Pinnicle DV Card (though I don't know what make from my fiance's brother).

I believe that the card's drivers (Generic XP ones) are ok as Import seems fine. I've tried various methods and using the same AVI file have noticed that it will jerk in different places, in a different part of the timeline.

However no matter what settings I've tried I cannot get a decent playback to the camcorder whatsoever.

I'm using a PAL, 720x576(1.067) 32K-16bit sound for capture and export.

I have an AMD +XP2000, 512mb PC2100 (I think), 120gb Maxtor HDD(7200rpm) ATA 100, and running WinXP. I'v e tried shutting down ALL non-critical processes, apps, lowest screen res and colour depth.

Here's the killer - I've just installed the card and treid importing a 130mb AVI and exporting it to my other machine (AMD +XP1800, 512mb, 60gb Maxtor 7200)... same thing!!!

I'm becoming crazy as I've spent days editing this video and I cannot export it without it jerking - even when I creat an AVI or MPEG it has some sort of picture tearing going on

Please help... I'm sure somebody out there must have experienced such naff results and found a cure

Cheers
Working...