Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SJRick
    • Sep 2003

Panasonic DMR-E50 blank media woes

HI Everyone,,,im new to this site and I am going crazy trying to figure out what im doing wrong regarding my new DVD- Recorder,, i just bought it and am trying to find compatible discs to use with it,, Apparently i didnt know that all blank media isnt compatible with it,,

I bought a couple of 35-packs of DVD-R and DVD-RW but neither was recognized by the unit. Then I tried Fuji DVD-R but again,,im back to where i started,, anyone have any ideas ? I contacted the seller and Panasonic but figured i may get a faster responce from this board,, im covering all bases,, so thanks in advance if you can help

Rich
  • mattgrant
    • Nov 2003

I have always found Verbatim DVD-R discs to be the most compatible with any machine, and have used them in a DMR-E50 without any problems.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Go to:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com./dvdplayers

to determine the requirements/capabilities/limitations of your burner/recorder...

Comment

• SJRick
        • Sep 2003

Hey Matt

How is the quality of the Verbatim dvd ? I went thru pretty much every conceivable blank media and nothing worked as good as the Panasonic blank dvd-r that is made for it. I buy it in the 5 packs and the only place i can get it is B&H photo. I will try the Verbatim but i am a lil hesistant as to how it can compare to the Panasonic disk. Do you know of any place that i can buy one or two of the Verbatim without having to buy an entire 25 or 50 pack ?

Rich

Comment

• mattgrant
          • Nov 2003

I have always used the verbatim discs when making DVD's on a G4 mac with a pioneer 103 drive. They seem to give the best compatibility with other people's players.

I only got a DMR-E50 yesterday but made two discs on it using the Verbatims, which I have succesfully played back on a JVC player and two different computers.

You can normally get a good price on single or bulk discs from www.bigpockets.co.uk although their stock does seem to vary a lot.

Comment

Working...