Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gink
    • Sep 2003

TV Out Hell - Please help

My old Dell 400XRS had a 3dfx 3500 with TV-out card. It came with a S-Vid to Composite cable. My TV is older and only has 4 inputs (3 composite, 1 coax). With my old computer and the 3dfx card, all I did was install the card, hook up the cables, install the proper drivers, and it worked.

I recently purchased a new Dell 4600 2.4 with an Nvidia FX5200 128mg video card with TV-Out. I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them. This gave me the detenator software, much like the 3dfx tools that I had with my old card. I read the literature online and setup my computer as follows:

Clone Mode
    Display 1 Monitor
    Display 2 TV (S-Vid output)

The problem is that I cannot receive the signal on my television. The screen is black with green, blue, and red lines running from teh top of the screen to the bottom of the screen. It is receiving a signal, I can barely see some desktop images as they scroll down.

I was wondering if maybe the cable I am using that converts S-Vid to composite could be causing this? It is a standard 4 pin S-Vid to Composite so I doubt this, but I am running out of things to check. I've sent back my computer once on the recommendation of Dell's customer support and they exchanged it for a new one. This didn't help. Any ideas.

I was trying to get both the television and monitor to work at once. That is what clone mode is supposed to do I thought. What am I doing wrong?

Gink
Working...