Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmadegolf
    • Nov 2001

Divx and Windows XP

I have an avi file on my computer that simply will not cooperate. I can't move it, copy it, cut it or delete it! Everytime I try any of those things it says that the file is in use when I know it isn't. It is very frustrating because it is taking up a ton of space on my harddrive. I am currently using windows XP professional. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • ritin_gadge
    • Nov 2001

I have the same problem, I know that's not much help, but at least your not alone, I too would appreciate any help anyone else has.
    bolt ya radge

Comment

• JaCkErS
      • Nov 2001

Hey you guys are having problems I can see. All you have to do is start up your computer in safe mode or in a command prompt and delete it from there.
      JaCkErS

Comment

• hence
        • Nov 2001

Guess what guys.. i believe I found the problem.... if you have virtual dub and have installed the frameserve stuff (auxsetup.exe)... that is what's causing probs with xp. I had the exact same problem.. found out that when I tried to uninstall teh handlers, it said one of the .dll's for virtual dub 1.4.7 was in use.. so go into safe mode and uninstall it.. for me I had to reinstall the handlers in safe mode, then remove them... now everything works fine, but I'm going to have to find a different frameserver..

Comment

Working...