Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibanezin
    • Sep 2003

please help before i go crazy!

ok... i have an avi file, how do i get this file on a dvd +r disc so i can watch it on my tv?
  • tux
    • Sep 2003

Ok, im assuming you own a dvd burning that burns +r dvds. Are you sure that your dvd player supports +r ? Make sure you check that before you start burning away. You dont want to make too many coasters.

If u can burn to +r and ur player supports this then check out my Xvid/DivX conversion to DVD thread. I asked a similar question and that is how I did it.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
      (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ibanezin
        • Sep 2003

every single time i have used TMPGenc an error occurs, why is everything so complicated? is there any step by step guides to doing this? i dont see why it cant be as easy as creating a cd-r. ive created a back up of a dvd earlier in no problem why is it so hard to get an avi file to dvd format?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"ok... i have an avi file, how do i get this file on a dvd +r disc so i can watch it on my tv?"

"every single time i have used TMPGenc an error occurs"

Which is it, ONE or MANY .AVIs?

If ONE, what is the SPECIFIC wording of the error message generated by TMPGEnc?

Comment

• ibanezin
            • Sep 2003

the error says "cant load. "p3Package.dll

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

How shall I put this - You can obtain a legitimate freeware version of TMPGEnc at:

or

And, at the pegasys site, you can also purchase TMPGEncPlus, if you prefer...

Comment

• tux
                • Sep 2003

It isnt that complicated once you know how to do it I should know cos it was only a few days ago that I was in your situation. If you follow setarips instructions u shouldnt have a problem. But if for some reason u are confused maybe my way of explaining may help.

Its really as simple as this:

1. Extract the audio from the *.avi file using VirtualDub

2. Encode the *.avi file and the *.wav using TMPGenc so that you end up with a *.mpg file. Once this is done you need to create the required files so that the dvd player can read them. (.IFO, .VOB etc)

3. To create these files u need to use TMPGenc DVD Author. All you do is go through the wizard, point the program to where the *.mpg file is located on your pc and the program will create a folder called "Volume 1" with the subfolders VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. All your files will be located within the VIDEO_TS folder.( Im not entirely sure why there is an AUDIO_TS folder, I think it has something to do with compatibility with DVD players.)

4. Once you have your two folders , open up nero, select DVD UDF/ISO and drag and drop the two folders into the new DVD session ensuring that all folders and filenames are in capitals. (Nero should automaticly do this.)

5. Your Done! Watch the movie on your dvd player

Comment

• ibanezin
                  • Sep 2003

i do have the free version of TMPGEnc, ill try your method and see what happens

Comment

• ibanezin
                    • Sep 2003

how do i extract my audio in virtualdub?

Comment

• ibanezin
                      • Sep 2003

nevermind i found how too.

Comment

• ibanezin
                        • Sep 2003

it still says the package error

Comment

• tux
                          • Sep 2003

hmm, ive never had that problem, maybe your install got corrupted, try downloading a fresh copy, uninstall the copy u have and install the new copy.

Best to get it from www.tmpgenc.net

Comment

• ibanezin
                            • Sep 2003

ok i have tmpgenc but now i need to know how to set things up...like, the format, video type, field order, aspect ratio, filter setting, and where it says cd-r, dvd, iso in bitrate settings, what do i put in all these boxes?
                            Last edited by ibanezin; 26 Sep 2003, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• ibanezin
                              • Sep 2003

are you guys still ganna help me? how come it will not allow me to delete TMPGEnc? off my cpu? everytime i try to delete it says it in use by another program.

Comment

Working...