Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simmmy
    • Jan 2003

Tmpgenc to Avi

Hi...i use Tmpgenc to do everything but alot of the time i have to decompress the sound from a AVI using AVI2VCD...what i`d like to know is why won`t TMPGEnc decompress all AVI files...is there a plug-in i need ...im using the latest version.

Also ... i encoded re-encoded a AVI and decompressed the sound using the AVI2VCD proggy and re-encoded it to MPEG2 using TMPGEnc on the VBR setting .... after it finally finished i could`nt cut the file ... nothing would reconize it....TMPEGEnc...Easy video splitter....mpegtool....Windows (XP) reported "NO INFO" and only reconized the overall file size and that it was a mpeg.Does anyone know why?

many thanks....Simmmy
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"what i`d like to know is why won`t TMPGEnc decompress all AVI files"

1) TMPGEnc cannot process "VBR" (Variable Bitrate) .MP3 audio

2) You must have the proper video codec installed (and, in the case of XviD, also the FFDShow filter)

3) For .AC3 audio, in TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input

Comment

• simmmy
      • Jan 2003

2) You must have the proper video codec installed (and, in the case of XviD, also the FFDShow filter)
      Thanks Setarip....but where can i find this codec....?

Many thanks Simmmy

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks Setarip...."

As always, my pleasure ;>}

"but where can i find this codec....?"

You should be able to find any and all codecs and filters by clicking on the DivXDigest link near the top of this page.

If not, simply do a Googlesearch...

Comment

• simmmy
          • Jan 2003

Setarip.....All AVI`S are now decoding well with TMPGEnc but can i ask you to look at the 2nd paragraph of my original post....the file i loaded into TMPGEnc was a decompressed AVI using AVI2VCD but after encoding through TMPGEnc (on the VBR setting)i can`t split the file ... the file plays great and looks brilliant but i just can`t split it....any ideas or am i missing something in your earlier reply.

Many thanks ....Simmmy

Comment

Working...