Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghoward
    • Jan 2002

burning digital pictures in vcd

I am trying to burn digital pictures in a slideshow and edit with music. I have acomplished this and I have used vcd format. My problem is that my resolution is so low that when I play it back on my stand alone DVD player the quality is very poor. I know this is a little different than burning DVD's but if anyone has any suggestions it would be a great help. My picture resolution is 1600x1200 on my still shots. VCD format is only 352x240. Help!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try reducing the individual pictures' resolution before creating the VCD.

By the way, although it's not that significant, you should be able to burn your VCDs at 352x288 without any negative effect on playback.

Let us know of yuor success ;>}

Comment

• ghoward
      • Jan 2002

picture size and 352x288

I've tried 352x288 pal before and the quality was still bad. How will reducing the picture size help? Also, if I save it in VCD format the size is still going to be reduced anyway. I don't mean to sound dumb but maybe I'm missing something in what you are trying to tell me. Please reply.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I was thinking that the compression algorithm used for the still images (presumably JPEG) might prove to be less lossy than that used for the video conversion...

Comment

• dmlove
          • Jan 2002

G Howard, sorry I can'd help answer your question (I have had the same problem with playback quality on the set-top dvd) BUT would you mind telling me what software you are using to MAKE your slide show with music? The best slide show program I have found is burn-able only for playback on the PC (it creates an .exe file).
          dm love

Comment

• ghoward
            • Jan 2002

dm love, The program I am using is mgi vidio wave 4. Then I use nero to do the cd. I tried regular cd burning program on the computer when I perchased it, but it would not work. Vidio Wave 4 does a good job without a whole lot of a learning curve.

Comment

Working...