X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinspire
    • Sep 2003

MPEG Video Problam

Hi

if i try to run some MPEG files (note it : Not all MPEG files) then the Windows Media Player gives some error and automatically closed. But while running the same File in DivX Player its working fine.

And i burn the same MPEG file in NERO burning rom and played in my DVD Player. I cant see the Video files. Only Audio is working.

Is that i need to install new Media Payer else i need some Plugins for media player.

Why some times i see only Audio without video while watching the same in my DVD player.
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

The files are probly damaged or in a format your dvd player cant play.

The fact that they are crashing media player and not working on your DVD player tells me there proly damaged in some way. If it was a problem with your computer then the DVD player should still be able to play the file (unless they are in a format not compatable with the player). I'm going to asume the DVD player is compatable with them.

You can try a program named MPEG-2 VCR (use your preferd search site to find it) and just open the file and then save it again. I used this method in the past to repair old damaged Maters of the Universe MPEG-1 streams (VCD).

The program is handy at repairing many kinds of MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 problems like not playing the full file, inability to seek through the file and sometimes files that the video is not playing right.

No promises it will fix your files though. It cant always repair files that are to far damaged.

Comment

Working...