X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MindlessAwp
    Suspended
    • Oct 2003

codec and ATI problem i think

Please don't flame me if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

OK when i try playing a video, i get these really small squares like statistics all over my screen in horizontol lines. When i tried uninstalling my Windows XP and just install the ACEpro cpdec, everything worked out perfectly. But right after i installed the ATI driver / Catalyst the video problem are back! Sry if i'm a n00b but I've been trying to fix this problem for 5 days! This prblem occurs to all my videos. And btw i tried uninstalling the ACEPRO codec pack and tried kazaalite, and reinstalling it after the ATI driver and tried installing the ATI driver first and THEN installing the codec. I also tried using the GSpot tool and nothing was misconfigured. Right now i have Kazaaalite codec pack and Tsunami Filter pack installed. I also tried sniping all the bad codecs but stilll no luck. This is like my 3rd post on different forums with no luck. Here's one that i posted here http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...threadid=65376 and u can see that the ppl there couldn't help.
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

Uninstall ALL codec packs and uninstall ALL ATI drivers. Use the drivers that came together with your ATI Card (CD). Then reinstall ONLY Tsunami Filter, the other codec packs are crap.

Comment

• MindlessAwp
      Suspended
      • Oct 2003

mn no luck. I uninstalled the kazaalite codec pack and the ATI drivers. It asked me to reboot and i installed the ATI driver cd and then installed Tsunami filer pack. The results were the same. But when i use the codec sniper, i see lots of codecs that are broken so i killed them. Still no luck after that. but ur post was really fast thanks anyway

Comment

• MindlessAwp
        Suspended
        • Oct 2003

i think i'll try selling my new ATI card and buy a GeForcefx card... ATI seems to suck since its ****ing up all my videos. My friend has a gefrocefx and its working perfectly for him... bahhh and i thought ATI was a good brand since the internet cafe uses them

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
          • Sep 2003

ATI is a good brand (hardware) but there drivers tend to not be all that great unfortinitly.

I do belive the best ATI cards out right now currently out performs the best NVIDIA cards.

What card do you have and how much are you asking (if you live in the United States only)?

Comment

• MindlessAwp
            Suspended
            • Oct 2003

What do u mean by how much i am asking? Living in Norway. The card is "VGA-Card Radeon 9800 128MB DDR AGP DVI TV-Out Retail Powered by ATI" bought that ****ing piece of cheap crap for 200 us dollars. After holyday i'm gonna buy a geforce card and throw this piece of junk in the garbage if no one can help me. This is my 5th day and i am getting f u c k ing pissed off right now. I just cracked my case a few hours ago with my bare hands

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
              • Sep 2003

how much are you asking = how much do you want to sell it for? But sence yer way over in Norway never mind. I realy wouldent want to mail something like that that for

If it was a Radion 9800 all-in-wonder (the ones with TV tuners) I might still concider buying it even from way over in Norway

Comment

• MindlessAwp
                Suspended
                • Oct 2003

nop too bad then. i find these forums useless so in the end i'll haffta pay 40 bucks a hour for a guy to fix my god damn machine and i'll even pay hackers to fukz0r up this site

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
                  • Sep 2003

I smell a ban coming

Comment

• Mudslinger
                    • Oct 2003

!
                    Last edited by Mudslinger; 6 Oct 2003, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• MindlessAwp
                      Suspended
                      • Oct 2003

doh its not that i can solve my problems here

Comment

• admin
                        Administrator
                        • Nov 2001

his is like my 3rd post on different forums with no luck.
                        i'll even pay hackers to fukz0r up this site
                        doh its not that i can solve my problems here
                        Other people can get their problems solved, but not you. I wonder why ...

Banned.
                        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...