real-time dvd recording to multiple drvs??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pstix
    • Oct 2003

real-time dvd recording to multiple drvs??

I want to try to put together a real-time dvd recording system that writes to multiple drives (real-time). Any Ideas? I want to avoid using stand alone dvd recorders.
    Thanks!
  • pstix
    • Oct 2003

Because I need to distribute the burned copies immediately after the video segment is recorded.

Comment

• pstix
      • Oct 2003

By recording I mean from a live camera directly to dvd (if possible). Segments will be 10-12 minutes. dvds need to be ready to distribute within 1 min. after video segment end. I must be able to have at least 4mbps quality. If I burn after completion it seems it would take about 3 min.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
        • Sep 2003

Just wondering. What are you recording that requires such speed?

Comment

• pstix
          • Oct 2003

Its for large team building events. Where the concept would be the same as getting your picture after you ride the rollercoaster (but these people can't hang around even 5 minutes for the dvd). The requirement I have is that each person in the group (4-8) gets a dvd of the race or whatever.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
            • Sep 2003

ahh I see. thats kinda cool

Sorry I dont know any way to do it though other then a expenise comercial rack burner. like 10 DVD-R drives conected o a PC that all burn the same disc at the same time. There is also systems where you drop a s[pindle of discs into a hoper and it'll automaticly burn dupes of the same CD until the hoper is empty.

The top method would be faster but thats not real time either. I'm very sure your not the first person to need real time mass burning. Theres bound to be something out there.

perhaps googling for comercial CD duplicators will put you on track.

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
              • Sep 2003

umm what happened to all of setarips posts he made on this subject?

Comment

• stiernan
                • Oct 2003

Sony's new DVD camcorder

Sony has a new camcorder that burns up to a half hour on a mini DVD. If you only needed one. Sounds like you need multiple copies, but a ten minute DVD shouldn't take too long to copy. It may be that you could hook the camera to the PC also so that you have an image on the drive (not sure if you can, but probably). Might not fit your needs and 900 bucks is a bit much, but it's an idea.

Comment

Working...