X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidavos
    • Oct 2003

I want to play my Digi Vids on my DVD player

Hello everyone
    This is my first posting and I'm looking forward to your advice...
    I have a load of digi vids made on my Canon MV550i and I want to convert on my PC to be able to play them on my DVD player to TV...
    I have Prem 6.5 and tried to convert AVI to MPEG last night.
    It worked on the PC but was not recognised on my DVD player
    How should I proceed to get my vids onto TV???

Thanks from Scotland for any advice
    Davidavos
  • Oriphus
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Aug 2003

Right. First off, you have bought a cracker we camcorder there, sepecially with the Input function that allows you to edit on your computer and then put the edited data back on to the tape. very handy.

Anyway...When you put it onto your computer, what format is it in. You say avi to mpeg but i dont think thats the natural format for it to go onto your computer in (avi).
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• davidavos
      • Oct 2003

AVIs to my DVD Player

TY for the compliment on my 550i...
      I am putting the files onto my pc as avi s.....then I tried outputing as mpeg 2 s and writing to disc....but all my attempts have ended with the dvd player saying...cant play etc
      I have enough colourful coasters for the whole house now and am keen to find a solution
      Thanks for any help...
      prem 6.5 is what im rendering with....
      D

Comment

• Oriphus
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Aug 2003

There is a program called TMPGEnc - Try using it to convert to mpeg2. Then use another program called TMPGEnc DVD AUthor.

Before you do that tough, it may be the way in which you are burning to disc. What method are you putting it on DVD? If using Nero, realistictly the files should be in DVD Format (not just mpeg2), but in VOB format (TMPGEnc DVD Author does this). They should then be burnt onto DVD using Nero 5.5.10.XX or using the DVD ROM UDF/ISO mode and enclosing the files inside a VIDEO_TS fodler (TMPGEnc DVD Authro will do create this folder)
        http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

Working...