Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nexious
    • Sep 2003

Stereo to AC3

hi there, ive recently made a home made video with music and effects and everyting, im getting ready to burn it to dvd, however i was wondering how or if its possible to convert it into an AC3 stream for the full 5.1 effect?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"i was wondering how or if its possible to convert it into an AC3 stream for the full 5.1 effect?"

One possibility is Sonic Foundry's SoftEncode (if you can locate it)

Comment

• nexious
      • Sep 2003

no others eh, i checked some retailers and they seem to only carry a Cinemacraft Encoder..but not soft encode

Comment

• sergelac
        • Oct 2003

you can use The AC3Machine from http://dspguru.doom9.org

Comment

• sergelac
          • Oct 2003

did somebody locate the "Sonic Foundry's SoftEncode", i can't find it.
          and what are the features of this program ?
          can it do something else or just encode ac3 ?

when you convert Stereo to AC3, do you get audio in all channels or do you get a ac3 with audio only in the 2 front channels ?
          Last edited by sergelac; 25 Oct 2003, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

Originally posted by setarip
            "i was wondering how or if its possible to convert it into an AC3 stream for the full 5.1 effect?"

One possibility is Sonic Foundry's SoftEncode (if you can locate it)
            setarip u sure bout that did'nt u need seperate 5 inputs for that u cant go stereo to ac3 5.1. maybe ac3 2 channels.

isn't why prologic evolved to prologic II so stereo could be used for 5.1. otherwise we could have done our stereo's to sc3 5.1, who needs prologic II then ?
            Last edited by atifsh; 27 Oct 2003, 07:57 AM.
            Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...