Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you as yet checked to see if different BIOS settings are required for the RAM?

Comment

• anadra323
      • Oct 2003

yes. the ram is pc 2100. i have all the settings at auto. i changed them once manually to see if it made a difference and it didn't. so i have them set back to auto.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

I might have missed this but have you tried a different version of Windows, Windows XP for example? Have you also tried different players such as BSPlayer or WMP 6.4? Have you checked, for each system tested, that the AGP driver (and other important .inf files) for the motherboard has been installed?

Comment

• anadra323
          • Oct 2003

Yes to all questions asked except for trying different OS. because I abhor XP...and 98 is just old. I'll try Linux (joking). But i have tried everything else suggested.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

"because I abhor XP"

Any particular reason?

To be frank, I much prefer WinXP (SP1) to Win2K (SP1/2/3) for its added features (networking is so easy with XP) and reduced problems (hardly any sudden restarts or similar problems with XP). I wouldn't recommend ME either since it is still built on the shaky foundations back from the DOS era.

Comment

• anadra323
              • Oct 2003

well i agree with ME . and as for XP, mostly I dislike all the security features...and I don't like the way it looks. Also I find 2k to be more stable. Although I am hoping that windows release a version of window 2k3 server for desktops as they did with 2k

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Nevertheless I suggest you give XP a try (you can install it as a second OS, rather than replacing your favourite Win2K) and see whether you can now play the videos alright.

Cheers.

Comment

• anadra323
                  • Oct 2003

what difference would XP make over a complete new install of 2k (which i have already done)?
                  I'm just wondering... because i know plenty of people have this processor and use win 2k. Plus I would hate to spend $300 (or whatever XP Pro cost) and find out that it didn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...