Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctm007
    • Oct 2003

PowerDVD v 4.0

I purchased an eMachine computer that came with PowerDVD v 4.0 and a dumb question; can I write or copy data from Drive C to the DVD drive? When I open PowerDVD v4.0, all I see is the option to play music.

Carl
    ctm007@houston.rr.com
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Power DVD is DVD PLAYBACK (NOT writing) software

2) If the drive is a DVD reader ("DVD ROM") only, it's not capable of writing ("burning") data...

Comment

• ctm007
      • Oct 2003

Ok, I can live with that. This eMachine is model T2245 and it also came with a CD Writer driver and I cannot find any CD Writer software on the computer other than that PowerDVD v 4.0 software. I wonder how I am suspose to use the CDWriter if there is no software.
      Carl

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

Re: PowerDVD v 4.0

Originally posted by ctm007
        and a dumb question;
        Carl
        ctm007@houston.rr.com
        yeah thats dumb . but atleast u know it is but i did'nt few years ago hahaha. just kiddin no offence
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• ctm007
          • Oct 2003

Opps, I'm trying to say that this eMachine has 2 cd drives; one is the DVD Rom and the other is a "Compact Disc ReWritable High Speed" cd drive. I'm thinking this 2nd cd drive is a CD Writer but I can find no software. However, I can use Explorer to copy from hard drive C to the Compact Disc drive and it does not give me the option to "close" and after a samll file is placed on the cd, it becomes full and read only.

Carl

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

I wonder how I am suspose to use the CDWriter if there is no software.
            Carl
            get nero frm www.nero.com

Comment

• atifsh
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2003

Opps, I'm trying to say that this eMachine has 2 cd drives; one is the DVD Rom and the other is a "Compact Disc ReWritable High Speed" cd drive. I'm thinking this 2nd cd drive is a CD Writer but I can find no software.

Carl

yes ur second drive is a cd writer.

I can use Explorer to copy from hard drive C to the Compact Disc drive and it does not give me the option to "close" and after a samll file is placed on the cd, it becomes full and read only.
              Carl
              if ur using windows xp that has built in writing functionality, so if u use to copy any file via send to writer on a cd-r it will burn and close the disk, u cant use that disk again.

Comment

Working...