Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewpk200
    • Mar 2003

problem with audio in TMPGEnc

ok, i have a slight problem, been using TMPGEnc to encode my divx / Xvid movies as VCD, but it doesn't seem to want to work with 48000 Hz audio, come up with an error stating "the error occured when ACM was initialized, it is not an error in the file as if i re-encode the audio in VirtualDub into 44100Hz audio then it works fine, only problem is it takes about an hour to do this,

any ideas anybody

also does anybody know of any "simple" guides for making single disk KVCDs
    The Power of a Goldfish Should never be underestimated
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3).

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If it proves to be VBR:

Simply use VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) Save with a new filename

Comment

• andrewpk200
      • Mar 2003

Here is the file info, it seems to be just a MP3 file, but as i say the sampling rate is 48000hz, if i re-do the audio with 44100hz audio it works fine, or if i decompress the audio to a PCM wav file and load the audio and video into TMPGEnc seperatly it seems to work fine, it just doesnt seem to want to work with 48000hz audio files
      Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

As an experiment, see what happens if you load the .AVI into TMPGEnc and then set "Stream type" to "Audio only" and from the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "MPEG-1 Audio Layer II" and 44,100Hz, Stereo, 224kbps (Should take only a few minutes)...

Comment

• andrewpk200
          • Mar 2003

right just tried that but got an error again but this time a different one,
          Write error occured at the address 00401EAF of module 'TMPGEnc.exe with 089B8368

now this to me looked like a problem with the programs EXE so i tried to uninstall and re-install TMPGEnc but that didnt work, just got the same errors again, for some strang reason on my PC it just doesn't want to read most audio files

Comment

Working...