X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -{TheOne42}-
    • Nov 2003

Delay/sync issues

This is about DVD-DivX/XviD conversion.

Okay, Now i have been doing this for a few months and have got pretty good at it, I can make a very high-qual file out of a 2 hour film. But since the beginning of my DivX experience I have always had this question. Ill start from the beginning. I am using Gordian Knot .28.6.2 on a XP Home, 1900+ Athlon, 512 MB Ram, 128 MB GeForce 4, with 16xRd/48xWr DVD combo drive. I rip the movies fine using XviD or 3.11 depending on the movie, but GKnot always seems to be a little off, like anywhere from 690-710, so naturally i want it to fit on a 700MB CD-R. So i redo the audio, aiming for new filesize and average bitrate, this works without any problems, but when i get a 701 MB file i cut the smallest amount of the credits ive already cut, using VDMod 1.5.4.1, i like VDMod becuz of its audio support and its offset to maintain sync.
    This is my question: GKnot and DVD2Avi both delay audio on some movies, now is an audio delay an addon to the mp3 or an outside code told to simply delay the audio track, if so, if i cut the extra frames at the credits to make the file 700MB will it delete this code, or if not, will it delete or mess up sync? Even even with the offset in VDubMod? Would it matter if you selected all the video but the frames you want to cut, or if you simply delete those frames? I am going crazy over this, i want to know if my movies are in perfect sync or not, please help!!
Working...