Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigchunkymunky
    • Oct 2003

Gradual Audio Lag

Hi I've already posted trhis problem but none of the replies worked, When I rip a DVD to divx, the audio (only in the divx file) gradually lags behind the video.... I know my computers fast enough because I play other divx's with ease. I tried changing the audio and video to be the same length.....didnt work.... HELP ME OUT BOYS AND GIRLS!!!!!! I like this picture
    BUNG
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Make sure that you have not altered the sampling rate of the audio to any other value (i.e. Keep it at 48KHz). Also, when playing back your files, make sure that you have no intensive programs running in the background.

p.s. Just curious, what is the speed of your CPU?

Comment

• bigchunkymunky
      • Oct 2003

Athlon 1600 xp , actually i think i might've changed to 44 (from 48) if I change it back will it fix it???

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

"if I change it back will it fix it???"

It might.

From my own personal experience, changing the sampling rate of the audio often results in audio desynch. problem (that happened only with sampling rates lower than 44.1KHz though; never tried 44.1KHz). Nevertheless it is not advisable to change the sampling rate of the audio unless necessary (e.g. when encoding to VCDs, which require 44.1KHz audio).

What resolution are you using with your video? A 1.4GHz CPU (which is the true speed of your CPU) will still have difficulties when faced with ultra-high resolution videos.

Regards.

Comment

Working...