No Audio Problem (and I'm a newbie oh no!!!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spaceherbie
    • Nov 2003

No Audio Problem (and I'm a newbie oh no!!!)

I downloaded Clarkson No Limits DivX and the video plays fine but no audio.

I loaded the file into GSpot and everything seems normal except when I click "render". Here is some of the possibly relevant info:

STREAM TYPE AND A/V INTERLEAVE

Type: OpenDML AVI
    IMRR: 1.00
    I/L: 1 aud frame (32 ms) Split: Yes

AUDIO

Name: ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
    Stat: Codec is Installed (click for info...)
    Bitrate: 224 kb/s (112/ch, stereo) CBR
    Fs: 48000 Hz

When I "click for info" it says name is WAVE_FORMAT_AC3 and that the CYBERLINK AUDIO DECODER should be capable of processing this format. It goes on to say "DirectShow was also able to find a codec to render it - the sound for this media clip should work fine."

When I click on the Cyberlink Audio Decoder link the only useful looking this is the DSH Driver or Wrapper is at c:\Program Files\PowerDVD\claud.ax

Lastly when I try and click render it doesn't fully work and says "0x00040242: VFW_S_PARTIAL_RENDER - Some of the streams in this movie are in an unsupported format. The following combination of filters were used

AVI Splitter, DivX Decoder Filter, Video Renderer.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give!

--
    Brian
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

The Cyberlink and even InterVideo audio decoders arnt realy able to play AC3 format audio from an AVI file. They can do it but you need other filters to help. I wouldent bother though myself.

Just download and use this filter and everything should be ok.

Comment

• spaceherbie
      • Nov 2003

thank you so much! I was so frustrated trying to mess around with cyberlink codecs I was going to start breaking things and the solution ended up being so easy.

Thanks again,

--
      Brian

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
        • Sep 2003

no problem

Comment

• Seehank
          • Oct 2004

Same problem...

HI! I also have the problem with 0x00040242: VFW_S_PARTIAL_RENDER but none of the solution yet does not help me I even have the AC3 filter installed.(I mean the one you advised) but just doesnt help me....

I still have the same problem and I am just helpless...

Pleas try to tell me which information you need to be able to help me... I ll try to provide you all I can...

Pleas try to find some time and help me...

Seehank

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To Seehank

1) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Seehank
              • Oct 2004

Re: To Seehank

Originally posted by setarip
              1) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

OK, Done as you said the file is attached... The part at the top of the picture is what popped up when I opened a file. And the lower part is what you requested... Another thing is that I couldnt even load a *.mpeg file. He said NO VIDEO FRAMES FOUND IN MPEG FILE. Booking forward to your reply!

Seehank
              Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To Seehank

1) The top message simply notifies you that your .AVI file contains a Variable Bitrate .MP3 audiostream (0x0055 - See under "Audio" in the "File Information" box

2) What happens when you play this video? Do you see the entire video? Do you hear the entire audiostream?

3) Do you have either the FFDShow filter or the latest DivX v.5.xxx codec installed on your system?

4) It appears that you do not have ANY .MP3 audio codec installed on your system ("Unknown tag 0055"). What version of Windows are you running?

(Regarding your remark about MPEG files, which has nothing to do with this thread, use VirtualDubMOD [different than standard VirtualDub])

Comment

• Seehank
                  • Oct 2004

Re: To Seehank

1) The top message simply notifies you that your .AVI file contains a Variable Bitrate .MP3 audiostream (0x0055 - See under "Audio" in the "File Information" box

2) What happens when you play this video? Do you see the entire video? Do you hear the entire audiostream?

3) Do you have either the FFDShow filter or the latest DivX v.5.xxx codec installed on your system?

4) It appears that you do not have ANY .MP3 audio codec installed on your system ("Unknown tag 0055"). What version of Windows are you running?

(Regarding your remark about MPEG files, which has nothing to do with this thread, use VirtualDubMOD [different than standard VirtualDub])
                  OK... By some miracle I managed to do the *.avi files, so they run OK now... I just installed "allin1codec pack" it started to run... Dont understand... But I am not complaining...

Well but the problem is to run the MPEG movies... So the situation is the same as before... VirtualDub just sais " No video frame found in MPEG file." Well as I said, same as before...

So what I want to know is which codecs do I need to run MPEG files... Or simply what do I need to tell you so that you know whats up....

Seehank

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

Once again, regarding your remark about MPEG files,

1) Load your MPEG file into VirtualDubMOD (different than standard VirtualDub)

Comment

• Seehank
                      • Oct 2004

Once again, regarding your remark about MPEG files,

1) Load your MPEG file into VirtualDubMOD (different than standard VirtualDub)

OK here you go!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

Use a software DVD player, such as WinDVD or PowerDVD for playback of this MPEG-2 file (Or find and download and install an MPEG-2 filter)
                        Last edited by setarip; 26 Oct 2004, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Seehank
                          • Oct 2004

Use a software DVD player, such as WinDVD or PowerDVD for playback of this MPEG-2 file (Or find and download and install an MPEG-2 filter)
                          As you saied I ran it thru CiberLink PowerDVD and when I turned it on " Error Code:8004027B " occured telling me he couldnt find some decoders...

By the way, do you have any idea where can I find such codec?

Seehank

Comment

• setarip
                            Retired
                            • Dec 2001

Perhaps someone else can offer you additional assistance...

Comment

• cynthia
                              Super Moderatress
                              • Jan 2004

This forum will help you with all your video and audio questions!

Comment

Working...