Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luctmrc
    • Nov 2003

DVDx 2.2 won't start after un/installing several DVD players

DVDx worked fine until one day when I tried a few software DVD players because my Windows Media Player 9 wouldn't play the sound on my burned DVD-Rs. I installed and uninstalled them if they didn't work and finally I ended up with PowerDVD. But now I can't get past the Input Settings dialog in DVDx which comes up right after opening any ifo. The program just freezes no matter what I do. I've tried restoring my system to before I did all this but it didn't fix the problem. What should I do? Please help!
  • luctmrc
    • Nov 2003

Oh, and I've tried reinstalling DVDx itself several times, too... nothing.

Comment

• luctmrc
      • Nov 2003

Nevermind, all is well. For future reference for anyone that might be experiencing this same or a similar problem in DVDx, it's your ASPI driver. If you're running Windows XP like me you should probably check out the Adaptec website and download the version they have. I used to have it but, turns out, it wasn't the constant installing and uninstalling that messed it up, but my mom's boyfriend the linux luvr. He was trying to "fix" the printer and rolled back some of the drivers apparently including the ASPI driver. But it was all for naught because the printer was simply not connected to the computer and functioning all along. What a linux-luving idiot!

Comment

Working...