Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmanm1
    • Nov 2003

cut mpeg has no sound

I want to make a motion menu , with tmpgenc. I have done this several times before , with no problem. Now when I cut the part I want it ends up with no sound. Does anyone no why , or what I can do to solve this problem. The mpeg has sound going in.

Thanks , gmanm1
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Go to MPEGTools>>Demultiplex load the clip into source window double click audio stream and save. Report whether this clip is a MPEG1 or an MPEG2...and report the extension of the audio stream (ie mp2, mp3, ac3, wav)

Comment

• gmanm1
      • Nov 2003

It is mpeg2 and the audio source is ac3.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

You can download BeSweet freeware to convert the .ac3 to an acceptable .mp2...but I've never been able to get it to work, personally. Setarip posted a detailed walkthru on how to convert an .mp3 audio to .wav in the thread "More TMPGenc Woes" by VooDoo...I suspect you might be able to use the same proceedure to convert your .ac3. You must use VirtualDubMod when working with MPEG2...it, and a couple of other necessary programs are freeware found in the download section. If Setarip's proceedure doesn't work for .ac3 post a new thread asking how to perform the BeSweet proceedure, and maybe one of the BeSweet pros will see it.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To rsquirell

I'm fairly certain "gmanm1" is referring to using "TMPGEnc DVD Author" when he/she speaks of motion menus. Therefore, there should be no need to convert an .AC3 audiostream.

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

Is that true gmanm1? Did you edit out a slice using DVD Author and the clip doesn't have sound?

Comment

• gmanm1
              • Nov 2003

No I use tmpgenc mpeg tools to cut a part I want to use for a menu. Then you hit run and when the finished cut file comes out it has no sound. It had sound going in , and I used this method twiice before , and worked like a charm. I found a way around , just a while ago. I opened the mpeg in virtualdud , did my cut , wich left it in avi form. I then converted it back to mpeg2. I really liked the other way better. A lot easier.

I would still like to know why I can't do it the other way.
              Thanks for all the involvment , really appreciated.
              gmanm1
              Last edited by gmanm1; 27 Nov 2003, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• rsquirell
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Feb 2003

The Cut and merge feature of TMPGenc is its Achilles heel....sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If you still have the file try demuxing the audio and video streams out of the clip...then in Simple Multiplex select MPEG2 Program VBR and recombine them. You might also use MPEG2CUT to cut and keep vid in MPEG2 format...and the Cut/Edit feature of TMPGenc DVD Author is superb.

Comment

Working...