X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ivandp
    • Nov 2003

No VOB in Video_TS Folder

Hi there

I got a copy of Gladiator SE from a fried of mine witch I would like to copy. I'm not sure if it's a Pirated DVD or not, I think it is. But anyway, when I put it in my PC to play / copy it, both the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders are empty.

I have enabled Windows to display all hidden files, but no joy. I have tried programs like DVD Shrink (v2.3 & 3 B5) DVD2One but non of them seem to pick up the VOB Files.

I have a Asus DVD-RW (Pioneer DVR-104, using v1.32 firmware, I think) and a BenQ DVD-Rom, not one of them displayes the files. I've put it in a DVD Player (home theater set) and the movie plays fine. Is it perhaps some kind of copyright protection? I've searched the net but did not find anything regarding this.

If I do a properties on the DVD it says that it's a 7GB space used DVD. Any ideas? ? I have the same problem with E.T. that I got from my friend. Please help!!

--Thanx
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

That Kinda sounds wierd realy.

I never herd of any kinda copy protection like that on a DVD however back in the day many games relesed on the Sony PlayStation had no files viewable on the disc to yet the games all worked. It was some form of data embeding or something. It didnt stop anyone from making an ISO of the disc but it did stop anyone from viewing the files on a PC.

I cant see anything like this happaning on a DVD... thugh if it is the case it seems it could cause havoc in ripping a DVD though dosnt it? Seems a good idea for them to use...

Comment

• ivandp
      • Nov 2003

I think I have located the problem.

I've installed DVD X Copy Express and upon reboot it displayed the VOB files. I think it was a driver problem. But later when I tried to play the disc again, it didn't want to play, so I installed DVD X Copy express again, rebooted and it worked fine.

Conclusion: It might be a Windows problem or a driver problem.....

-=Ivan=-

Comment

Working...