Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jangal
    • Dec 2003

Join multiple AVI files

Can anyone tell me how to join three AVI files into one. The cunning part of the job is: I want to watch them at the same time.

There is simple solution to run three players/windows but how can I start three players at the same time (it is importatn to start all movies at the same time).

Thanks
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

If they don't have VBR then VirtualDub (freeware) will do it. After loading one video in select "append video" and feed the others in...then save with new filename.

Comment

• jangal
      • Dec 2003

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I don't want to join files successively but parallely.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Now...that is a new twist. I've created Animated GIF's from small vids (they play themselves and you can fill the screen with a scad of them going at once.) I think what you are looking for is a storyboard editor which will create a splitscreen with several videos. Someone said ULead VS7 will give you a small video-in-a-video by using the "Overlay" feature...but I've never tried it.

Comment

• jangal
          • Dec 2003

Thanks, we are very close now.
          I think I can solve my problem, I just need a little more help. Actually I've made AVI files from animated GIF's (250 pictures), so can you advise me how to join Animated GIF's (software)?

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

Animated GIF's don't contain sound. They are selfcontained and play as a continuous loop. You start one up...drag it to where you want it on the screen. Startup another and drag it to another place on the screen, etc. You can get maybe 25 on one screen...all going at once. You can make them easily with ULead GIF Animator...but since they work on their own you dont need to join them...just start them up individually.

Comment

Working...