Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmpmr
    • Dec 2003

pctv pro & divx

How can i see my divx movies, with my PCTV pro ou with another program like Windows Media Player. I have installed the divx codec 5.1.1 and Xvid, after that my PCtv crashes when starting the program! After uninstall the codecs, the PCtv problem were fixed, but i have now a new: i can't see the divx movies, can anybody explain me the problem ant tell me what should i do to use my pctv and to see the divx movies at the same time, instead of installing/unistalling codecs!
    help me!
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

I'm confused...do you have the DivX movies downloaded on the PC? If they're MPEG2 you need to get a DVD Player (like PowerDVD) and then WMP will play them.

Comment

• pmpmr
      • Dec 2003

yes, i have downloaded the movies to the pc. For example, i have the LOTR - The Two Towers and it needs the Xvid codec, can i also use the PowerDvd to see it??

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Not sure...but if it's an MPEG2 it should work...never tried P2P downloading of complete movies.

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

im as confused as rsqurell...

when u say pctv pro i assume thats pinnacle tv tuner?

but when u say media player i assume u wanna see the movie on pc well uu just need the right codec and thats it it should play.

or u can do this open the movie in virtualdub mod and choose file information and paste the pic here...
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• pmpmr
            • Dec 2003

The pctv pro is a Tv tunner, but i use the windows media player to see the divx movies on pc. To see the divx i need the codecs, so after installing the right codecs, the media player works fine, but if i want to turn on the pctv pro this crashes and i don't understand! so i have to uninstall the codecs to put the pctv ON and WORKING!! So the pctv pro (tv tuner) as a conflit with the video codecs (divx, xvid,etc...). I was looking for someone that could help me with this!

Comment

• atifsh
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2003

oh now i get u.. thats weird problem ur having..

one thing u can do is uninstall all the codecs, if u can clean the registry keys. uninstall pctv software. install the codes only needed ones, then install pctv software.

second is try updating the drivers and so does the pctv pro software if available from pinnaclesys.com.
              Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• pmpmr
                • Dec 2003

help! i have uninstall all pinnacle stuff and codecs. Then i have installed the codecs and after the codecs. The problem is still the same! i can't see divx movies with media player, but i have tried the BSplayer and it said that the file.avi was corrupted, but the palyer opens the movie. Now if i want to see TV the pc card doesn't work! does anybody have another idea? thanks

Comment

Working...