X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eairavat
    • Dec 2003

DVDShrink Compression

Hi ddlooping,
    I guess you are the main moderator and pundit on DVD Shrink, so my question is to you. Others may chim in at anytime.
    First, thanks for your program. It is awesome and you deserve a lot of praise for putting up with newbies like me.
    My question related to the analysis mode in DVDShrink v3.0.5 (beta). Why is it that when we are using the analysis that we see an indication that the compression is 45-50%. When I select re-author, I selected only the main movie (i.e., the largest file) and in the new window the automatic compression showed (80%). By reading the earlier posts I realized that 80% compression means that 80% is uncompressed or only 20% of the movie is compressed. That is cool with me, . But when I selected analysis in the next window (to get a better video output) I noticed that the compression reading was fluctuating between 40 and 55%. Why is this so? I was hoping the compression would be closer to 20% as was determined by the automatic setting. The final video looked ok, but I am confused about the video compression indication that was displayed during the analysis/riping mode. Is this to be ignored since the automatic compression was about 80%. Or is the automatic compression setting being altered to a higher value. I was under the impression that the analysis process was supposed to enhance the video playback.
    Sorry to be of bother. Again, thanks for the simple and great program.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you want to communicate with "ddlooping", post this in the DVD Shrink-specific sub-forums here...

Comment

Working...