X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

Audio Sync Problem with TMPGEnc MPEG Tools

I've got several MPEG-2 videos, captured from VHS. I want to cut out commercials and do some other simple editing. After loading the file intoTMPGEnc's MPEG Tools - Merge and Cut, I select MPEG-2, and mark the parts I want to cut out in the Edit window, and then run. It works fast, but the problem is, sometimes the resulting file loses audio sync. I say sometimes, because if I cut the end off, without touching the beginning, there is no problem. It is only when I cut in the middle that problems arise. I guess this might have something to do with not cutting at the right key frame, or whatever the proper term is. When I do the same cuts on the same file in Video Studio, there is no problem. The difference is, VS takes a long time to re-encode the whole video, where as TMPGEnc works very much faster. So, my question is, can I designate key frames (or whatever) points in TMPGEnc Merge and Cut to avoid the sync problem? Or is it hit and miss?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I continue to use good ol' reliable version 1.2c of TMPGEnc and have never encountered the problem you've described...

Comment

• megamachine
      Video Fiddler
      • Mar 2003

Interesting, I've got v. 2.59. I wonder if the earlier versions are available for download somewhere? I thought the problem might be related to the type of file I am loading, since it was a capture, not a rip, but I'll give an earlier TMPGEnc a try if I can find a copy.

Comment

Working...