Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mlsbraves
    • Dec 2003

Burning protected WMV. Can it be done?

I bought some videos online and would like to view them on my dvd player. But the only format it comes in is wmv and it is protected. Before you can even view the movie you have to register it. After that it plays fine on that system. But like I said I want to watch it on my dvd player. I was hoping to burn it to dvd but I really don't care if its vcd as long as I can watch it on my TV. Is there any way this can be done or am I screwed?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It's not appropriate to discuss circumventing limited licenses at these forums...

Comment

• mlsbraves
      • Dec 2003

The licence I bught allows me to watch it forever. Its not a limited licences. I just want to be able to watch it on my dvd player, thats it.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I bought some videos online and would like to view them on my dvd player. But the only format it comes in is wmv and it is protected. Before you can even view the movie you have to register it. After that it plays fine on that system."

"Its not a limited licences."

It is, however, limited to the PC on which it was downloaded...

Comment

• mlsbraves
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by setarip
          It is, however, limited to the PC on which it was downloaded...
          Not excactly, If you copy the file and put it on another system, all you need to do it re-enter the username and password and it will play. But I guess I see your point that it is suppose to be "limited" towards computers only. But seeing that I paid for it I was hoping there was a way to view it on my TV and not just my PC.

Comment

• RNCSerge
            • Jul 2003

So far it's impossible. I tried running a movie through FreeMe, it made an error "decrypted content key is too big". So we'll have to wait until someone creates a program to do this

Comment

Working...