X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • preparationh
    • Jan 2004

convert ogg to mp3 INSIDE an avi

Hi there all.

I would like to know how i could convert the audio track inside a divx avi file, from ogg to mp3 without any video recompilation.

So i just want to extract, then convert, and inject then. What can do that?

Thanx
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

you would have to de-mux the ogg tracks with something like virtualdubmod and then convert it to MP3 and then mux it back in.

My recomendation is YOU DO NOT DO THIS though. ogg and mp3 are compresion formats and they both work diffrent. conveting one compressed format to another will MAKE THE QUALITY WORSE. unless your just totaly anti OGG I suggest you dont do a thing to it.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

only good reason would be a mpeg-4 capable standalone palyer that doesnt handle ogm files

Comment

• preparationh
        • Jan 2004

yep and that is the reason.... my stand alone player doesn't accept ogg...
        So i have to try.

Thanx for your help

Comment

• GeneralLeoFF
          • Sep 2003

The way i would go about it then is rip the audio out with VirtualDubMOD and convert the OGG stream with CDEX witht he latest version of LAME. There might be other better ways to do it then that that other people here might know but thats the only way I know and ever have compressed audio . Recently I have been converting PlayStation .STR streams to XviD/MP3 with these tools just for the fun of it (Those and a program that converts .STR to raw .AVI with PCM audio)

I would probly make a backup of the origial video with the OGG stearm and stick it on a CD or something incase some time down the road you ever need it again (like if you ever get one of the OGG compatable DVD players that have started croping up).

Comment

• preparationh
            • Jan 2004

ok thanx for your help

Comment

Working...