Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juggy69
    • Jan 2004

Movie clips to DVD

can anyone tell me. how do i copy movie clips to dvd that will play on any dvd player if possible and i don't mean a dvd drive for the computer, also will this have any region problems i think it wont but t be on the safe side.

my dvd writer will write both + & - will speacil files to edit the properties for each type of disc be needed
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

use tmpgenc dvd auther to make a dvd.

load ur files [mpeg2] and make menus chapters and burn either its own on xp or nero 6.

if dont have dvd complient files mpeg2 use tmpgenc different then dvdauther to make dvd complient files.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• juggy69
      • Jan 2004

how do i make menus?
      i don't want to make dvd i want to be able to put arguments sake 3 full film on via udf and just be able to play them by editing the dvd media so it will play on any dvd player

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

(I'm assuming your clips are in .AVI format. If they are in MPEG format, simply change all of my ".AVI" references to "MPEG")

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
        (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• juggy69
          • Jan 2004

I am using pinnacle studios to copy the movie clips files which are all different now i can get it to copy all movie clips to a UDF file on a DVD-r disc and play some on a dvd player that support DVD-R but i want the disck to be able to play on any dvd regardless of Disc type i.e. DVD - or + R & RW

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"the movie clips files which are all different now i can get it to copy all movie clips to a UDF file on a DVD-r disc and play some on a dvd player that support DVD-R"

Remember, all of your "Movie Clips" MUST be in DVD file structure (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB) for playback on a standalone DVD player. If they are in straight "Mpeg 2" format, it won't work.

Comment

• juggy69
              • Jan 2004

they don't as long as they are mpg or avi they will work, i just need a file to trick the dvd player into thinking it is a normal orginal disc

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"they don't as long as they are mpg or avi they will work, i just need a file to trick the dvd player into thinking it is a normal orginal disc"

Why would you want to do that?? You have a perfectly workable file format. Why not just convert it and "Author" the file into a normal standard DVD file structure for playback on a standalone player? Tricking your player will only cause problems in the long run.

Comment

• juggy69
                  • Jan 2004

so i did the above, the dvd i created would work on any dvd player even if i used a dvd-r and the player did not support it cos thats wot i need to do,

Comment

• juggy69
                    • Jan 2004

i have a sony dvd player that i had last year hat cst about £200/£300 and will only Svcd's i don't want to buy a new dvd player as i won't be able to sell this one at the price it is wrth know which is roughly £50 cheaper thats why i need to find out this info

Comment

• juggy69
                      • Jan 2004

is it possibe to trick the player and how
                      Last edited by juggy69; 17 Jan 2004, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• juggy69
                        • Jan 2004

i have heard there is a file that can be created called a VTS and this will allow any dvd media to be played on any dvd player is this true? if i was to do what setarip advised can i then this onto a cd thath could then created as a vcd or svcd if so how?

Comment

Working...