Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ayim_77
    • Jan 2004

change video resolution

I have digital camera video file. But the resolution of is too small. (160 x 120). Could someone tell me how to increase the resolution of the file. The file is in format .avi.
  • GeneralLeoFF
    • Sep 2003

virtualdub can do it but it is not adviced as taking low reselution video and resizing it to higher reselution = lower quality. Your better off keeping it 160x120 unless the change is required for somehting other then casueal viewing. Even then leting a media player stretch the video clip will look beter then a permanent resize.

Comment

• ayim_77
      • Jan 2004

Actually I have many file. So I want to change it to mpeg, then make VCD. I've already know how to join them together. But the problem is the resolution too small. So how I want to increase the resolution of the file without reduce the quality.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"So how I want to increase the resolution of the file without reduce the quality."

If you go any higher than the original 160x120 framerate, the quality of the video will suffer.

Comment

• ayim_77
          • Jan 2004

So I don't have a choice ??? Because if i make VCD with 160x120 resolution............ I think it's very very very small. Come on guys...any software u can suggest???? that video files very important me...

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"Come on guys...any software u can suggest???? that video files very important me..."

There is NO software I know of that will improve–or keep the same–the video quality of the "Original". If you use TMPGEnc for example, to change the resolution to VCD (352x240 for NTSC, 352x288 for PAL), I can't see how you can expect the visual quality to be the same as your original AVI at 160x120. You can certainly encode the AVI to mpeg, but don't expect miraculous results.

Comment

• dsf
              • Jan 2004

Do you have the original tape? Why is the resolution so ridiculously low? I don't think there is any video camera that records with such abysmal quality. If you don't have the camera tape and you just have a copy of the original file that has been transcoded to this low resolution, like the other guys said, you're out of luck

Comment

• ChristianHJW
                matroska project member
                • May 2003

You need a better capture card that will allow you to capture at a higher resolution. If this is not possible, you can of course always resize your videos to standard VCD resolution ( 352 x 240 NTSC or 352 x 288 PAL ), but as the other guys are telling you, the quality maybe wont be very good. If you do, make sure to use a sharp resizing filter like precise bicubic 1.0 or Lanzos or the like
                Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

Working...