Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iLogiK
    • Jan 2004

Which Camcorder under $2000?

Which one to get, I know that 3ccd is better but which model?
  • Oriphus
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Aug 2003

I know that you are wishing to purchase a Camcorder most likely in the US, however, here is a link to one of the best 3CCD camcorders available in that price range. Remember when buying that Canon's are by far the best available on the market.

Thanks
    Chris
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• Oriphus
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Aug 2003

I suppose it wouold help if i actually posted the link lol

Comment

• iLogiK
        • Jan 2004

Is that european version? Its not on ebay and I can only find PAL versions which go for around $2500, a bit higher then I wanted to pay. I found this sony for $2200 mode: VX2100 Is that one any good?

Comment

• Tunesman22
          • Oct 2003

I own a Sony VX2000, the previous version before the upgraded new version which is the VX2100. Since the 2100 is the new improved version of the VX2000, I can only say that it's probably the best prosumer camcorder on the market today. Sure, Canon's got some good camera's, but for an overall camcorder that has excellant low light performance, you can't beat the VX2100. From what I've read, Sony's 2100 beats any of the Canon's in the same price range, just in the low light feature by itself. It has every possible manual feature you could think of, outside of a camcorder costing thousands more.
          Do yourself a favor and buy the VX2100. Trust me, you won't be dissappointed.

Tunesman22.

Comment

• Oriphus
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Aug 2003

The sony is a good camera, but it is well over the $2000 as well. However, i would disagree with saying that its better than the Canon. The Canon's image stabilizers and optical quality is the best in the business. Canon are without a doubt the leaders in lenses, i had a £7000 lens of theirs which was amazing and use a £2000 lens with my camera at the min.

Comment

• Oriphus
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Aug 2003

Here's a link

Comment

• centripetal
                • Jan 2004

I use the panny gs70. great little 3 chipper, I got it for less the 800 usd. Low light isn't very good tho.

Comment

• Tunesman22
                  • Oct 2003

I suppose that the Canon models have some advantages, such as the option to put different lenses on, but if you want to buy different lenses for the Canon, you're going to be shelling out a lot of additional money if you want to take advantage of that feature, so your suggestion of buying a Canon isn't a thrifty idea either. iLogik, don't take it from me, do yourself a favor, (if you haven't already purchased your camera), and get on the net a look up some reviews of the Sony VX2100, or even the 2000. That's what I did before I purchased mine. Get yourself some other opinions on what other people who already own one of these cameras think of them. I think you'll realize that they know that the VX2100 is the best overall dv camcorder on the market. Of course, if it's beyond your reach financially, then I'd check out Sony's 3 chip 950. It's not the quality of the VX2100, but for the money it's a very good quality camcorder.

Tunesman22.

Comment

• iLogiK
                    • Jan 2004

Thnx for the suggestions everyone.

Comment

Working...