• Show
Clear All
  • webtekie
    • Jan 2004

thanks, will I try it again at home.

Comment

• webtekie
      • Jan 2004

Ok, tried using TMPGEnc, but there was a problem. When I import my AVI file I cannot see video but can hear audio. I tried using another file, a clip that I had from my camcorder and it worked fine. The difference with the one I am trying now is that it's just a jpeg that I imported into Adobe Premiere. I works fine if I use Adobe Premiere's encoder. So why doesn't TMPGEnc like it?

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Get the freeware VirtualDub from the download area. Open your AVI in it...under the "video" tab click "scan for errors" and "save as AVI" with a new name. Feed that cleaned up file into TMPGenc and see if results aren't better.

Comment

• webtekie
          • Jan 2004

ok, tried to open avi file in VirtualDub, but I get this error: http://www.webmacaco.com/video/error.gif
          What codec should I use?

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

That AVI that Premiere made must have a special format which prevents you from converting it in anything but Premiere. Dazzle did the same thing with their MPEG2 capture files...the practice is a real pain.( I guess this doesn't really solve your problem...you could download the Freeware "G-Spot" and it might be able to tell you what codec you need...and where to find it.)
            Last edited by rsquirell; 29 Jan 2004, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• webtekie
              • Jan 2004

Ok, finally I made video look good. Thanks rsquirell for you help. Everything looks nice. But (there is always but), when I burned on VCD and played it on TV I could still see some minor artifacts when the picture fades in towards the end. Don't see it when I play video on PC, so not sure how should I approach this.

webtekie

Comment

• rsquirell
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Feb 2003

Did you just play the video file....or did you play the Disc on the PC? If the file is clean and the disc isn't you need to reexamine your burning program.

Comment

• webtekie
                  • Jan 2004

the file...ok will play the disk.

Comment

Working...