Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • opm1s6
    • Jul 2002

Video Editing, Improving Video

I have a video that has some dark scene's in it. In one there is an image of a person ...I am trying to get to improve the picture, blow it up, and still keep the detail. Any ideas on software that can help...for instance what in Premier can help, if anything? I am very good with Photoshop, but even then I lose a resolution blowing it up.

Blah...what is bicubic interpolation....how does that have anything to do with it?

I'm fairly new to video editing like this, but at least software titles and links to anything would help a lot. At least somewhere to start. Thanks people.
  • Fook Yu
    Shoe-shinner
    • Jan 2004

Hi, Try the virtualdub forum, there you will find a lot of info.

There are two ways you can go (as far as i know) you can use something like adobe premiere (or simulair software from pinnacle, ulead) to take a segment of a movie stream and enhance the picture quality. However this can be pretty expensive and (in my eyes) these programms are more to create video then to "adapt" them. There is a programm called virtualdub (its freeware). This is a magnificant programm that offers a broad spectrum of video editing filters. If you want to learn more about it check out this forum:
    This website is for sale! everwicked.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, everwicked.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I'm no expert but the best way to learn to use virtualdub is to do some test and compare the results, also nearest neighbor, bilinear, bicubic, precies bicubic lanz....etc these are different algorithms.....you can ofcourse learn the theory behind the algorithm or just do the test and see what you like best.
    -------------------------
    Not active user anymore

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

You can also use TMPGenc: settings>>advanced>>simple color correction...you can change brightness, contrast, gamma, and basic colors.

Comment

Working...