Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quartic
    • Feb 2004

adding subtitles for DVD movie

Does any such a DVD player or plugin exists which is able to import tekst format subtitle files? I just want to watch movies with languages witch DVD films does not have...
    Please let me know!
  • melios69
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Aug 2003

Go to www.doom9.org. From the download page go to subtitles. There you will find various programs for your use.

Comment

• ChristianHJW
      matroska project member
      • May 2003

You can now mux the MPEG2 video ( unaltered ) and all audio and subtitles streams from your DVD into a single matroska file ( .mkv ) and in addition to that mux any SRT or SSA text subtitles to it. The next release of the matroska playback pack will come with a new matroska splitter allowing to view this via any DirectShow based player. Also VLC ( next release ) will allow viewing this MKV files with MPEG2 video.

I am not aware of a player that will allow to watch DVD directly from the disc, with SRT text subs added, but i may be wrong here ....
      Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

Working...