• Show
Clear All
  • Toast B|M
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

Mpeg playback problem

Hi there guys!
    i have this video file which is an mpeg and it doesnt open up in any of the video players it just says format unknown..but i am able to view the file in vlc or other preview client so means the codec is installed on my computer and that the file is not corrupted. I dont know lotta tools for mpeg files and i dont know if mpeg ACTUALLY had multiple codecs.

what can I do to fix it?? ny suggestions will be appreciated
    Thanks a bunch.
    www.megamodels.biz | OC Crusaders
  • Toast B|M
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

update: i enable ffdshow to play mpeg 1 and mpeg now i get video in MP 6.0 but theres no sound and video is losing frames and lot of them..its like watching things in slow motion only after skipping 10 frames or something.

i am confused now!!

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

vlc uses it's own codecs to play video files. d/l Avicodec and load your video file into it and Avicodec will tell you if the necessary video and audio codec is installed on your system.

Comment

• Toast B|M
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2003

thanks for your help!
        it was mpeg2 and all this time i thought mpeg2 is kinda default install with WMP guess i was wrong.
        i downloaded moonlight mpeg2 codec and it worked like a charm..shud i stick with this or try something else?!?!

Comment

Working...