Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stashu
    • Feb 2004

Need Advice On Transfer Hi8 To Computer

Hi This Is My Second Post. Ineed Help On Transfering Hi8 Video Off My Sony Didital Camcorder. When I Try To Use Pixela To Transfer It Tells Me That My Hard Drive Is Full. I Have 64 Gigs Free Right Now And It Is Formated Fat 32. When I Try To Use Nero Vision Express To Transfer The Video Shakes And Doesn't Play Smooth Like On The Camera. Please Help With A Suggestion Of Alternative Program Or Maybe Cache Settings On The Computer: KT-333 Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum motherboard W/ Bios Update 12/03,512 DDR 333 Ram. ATI Radeon 8500 Enhanced 128Mb Card, Creative Audio Sound Blaster Live Platinum W/Remote. Klipch Pro Media 5.1 Speakers. AMD 2400 + XP Processor. I Have The Virtual Cache Settings Set To Power User With No Read Ahead. Thanx
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Surprise...Fat32 will only allow 4GB through the portal ( that's about 20 min of AVI DV capture. You need to reformat all your drives to NTFS.

Comment

• Stashu
      • Feb 2004

Can You Run 98se With NTFS

Can You Run 98se With A NTFS Format Or Will I Have To Change To XP. I Have A Copy Of XP Pro Corp, But Still Have Pref To 98se. THanx

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Well...I've run across a number of posters who say they are still running 98SE, and are NTFS...so I have to assume you can. You really need to be running NTSF if you're doing any kind of video work, these days. MPEG2 DVD files are much larger than those old MPEG1's...and AVI capture can get to be humongous...would you believe 12+ GBs for an hour of capture?

Comment

• GRDODD
          • Mar 2004

fat 32 will work if you are using xp pro and a quality codec. The file breaks at 18 min with no dropped frames on either end. simply snug the 2 clips and render.

Comment

Working...