Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voodoo
    • Apr 2002

Streaming Video/audio capture

Sorry for the newbie questions, but is there a way to caputre video or audio from streaming video players like realaudio and wmp orquicktime?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried rightclicking on the filename and selecting "Save target as"?

Comment

• Voodoo
      • Apr 2002

there is not file menu in the video embeded in the webpage.

Comment

• megamachine
        Video Fiddler
        • Mar 2003

If "right click save target as" doesn't work, you can try a couple of other methods. With some online videos, they are loaded into your "temp" folder, and you can then cut and paste them from there. To locate that folder, go to "tools" in Internet Explorer, then "internet options - settings - view files." Not all videos will be saved there, but sometimes you can grab them. Another method is to use one of the various softwares than can record video while it is playing from a web site. I use the freeware "Streambox VCR," which is a little dated, but works for me. Other members may recommend other similar softwares. Anyway, once you install that then right click on the web page from which the video plays and "view source," and then scroll down the text file to find the link to the video file. If it is a long source text page, and you know the suffix of the file (e.g., .rm, .mpg, etc.) then you can use "find" to locate it. Then cut and paste the link into the StreamBoxVCR, or whatever you choose to use, and it will download the video to whatever location you have specified. You might have to mess with the options a little bit depending on your ISP and proxy settings.

Comment

• megamachine
          Video Fiddler
          • Mar 2003

Sorry, just noticed you asked about audio, too. I've never used it for video, but TotalRecorder works well to record streaming audio.

Comment

Working...