Recording TV program on computer directly using DivX format?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TAC
    • Feb 2004

Recording TV program on computer directly using DivX format?

Hello guys,

I am trying to record TV program on my computer and send to my brother who lives oversea. He's been having some problems recently with the ISP saying he does too much download. (While the ISP promotes itself for unlimited download and upload... what the.... )

Therefore, I was thinking maybe it's possible to directly record the programs in DivX format so that he doesn't need to download that much in size but still getting the same amount of program.

My computer spec are:

P-4 2.4G
    1024 MB DDR RAM.
    120GB HD...
    ATI All In Wonder 7500

These shouldn't be a problem if i want to do any DivX activities, right?
    My computer is generally speaking on for recording programs for him. I don't use that computer because I have another computer to do all the works i need to do.

If you guys know any program that allows me to record directly in DivX format, and it'll be the best if the program can do scheduling record. It will be perfect.
    I tried to search on DivX.com and found a program called Beyond TV 3? Does anyone know about it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by TAC; 23 Feb 2004, 12:42 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

VirtualDub has a builtin capture program...

Comment

• TAC
      • Feb 2004

Please correct me if I am wrong. As I was reading about VirtualDub, it seems to me that it can't record in DivX format?

Comment

• megamachine
        Video Fiddler
        • Mar 2003

Good point. You might have to capture to AVI first, then encode to DivX. Your setup looks fine for capturing to AVI, so give it a try.

Comment

• TAC
          • Feb 2004

But the problem is I am not always around my computer, I was hoping there's some kind of software that can do the convertion itself... u know.. just by using window's scheduling to run the program and it can convert all the mpeg file into DivX...
          do you know any software that does this?
          Thanks!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Please correct me if I am wrong. As I was reading about VirtualDub, it seems to me that it can't record in DivX format?"

That is incorrect

"You might have to capture to AVI first, then encode to DivX."

DivX is a codec that is used to create a compressed .AVI file. ".AVI" is merely a container...

Comment

Working...