I can't PLAY AVI Video with MY PC! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • searparker
    • Feb 2004

I can't PLAY AVI Video with MY PC! HELP!

Good Day Everybody! I facing a big problem with my computer that i can't play any AVI file with WMP. This happened after I downloaded and play the phony AVI file.

Before this, I can play all the AVI files with WMP. After I downloaded a AVI video from the internet. The Message shown:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the player does not support the format you are trying to play"

After that, I try to play other AVI files which I play it before, but the problem is all AVI files in my computer cannot play with the WMP, Quick Time, cannot import to Adobe Premiere, cannot encoder, and this cause me really panic.

I think it could be some virus deleted my codec or my WMP just crush? I try install DivX, other Codecs, follow exactly what microsoft taught but the result still the same.

Im Novice Video Editor.
    I hope somebody can help me because such a big problem if I cant play all AVI files i created.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

If you're running win xp you can do a system restore to the time before this happened. Other wise I would uninstall the codecs and reinstall them. Also d/l Avicodec (freeware) and open your avi file/s in it. It will tell you if the proper codec is installed. You can also use FFDShow or VLC (videolan) to play your avi files. Let us know of your sucess.

Comment

• searparker
      • Feb 2004

Thanks Buddy! I reinstall my window xp and my WMP running fine now. However, some of the avi files still run improper, I think that phony AVI file which i downloaded last time really crush my codecs system.

Once again, thanks for those recommended freeware. Avicodec, FFDshow and VCL (videolan), It help a lots,I can run all my avi video with it. I love it!!

Comment

Working...