Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cyb3rT3k
    • Feb 2004

DVD drive cannot play some DVD's

I have a Compaq DVD-ROM SD-616T (16x max speed) for my pc. Sometimes it doesn't recognize some DVDs. In those cases, when I put the DVD into the DVD drive, the DVD player doesn't play automatically and cannot play the disc. I'm using InterVideo Win DVD for my computer's dvd player. I also cannot browse the DVDs from My Computer. This only happens to some DVDs or VCDs, not all the discs are like that. Do you have any solution?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"This only happens to some DVDs or VCDs, not all the discs are like that."

Perhaps they are of a different region than the region that your drive is set to...

Comment

• Cyb3rT3k
      • Feb 2004

so, how can I play those DVDs? is there any program/software can do that?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'd strongly suggest that you read the posts in the "Region Free" sub-forum here...

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

Have you tried to view those dvd's with the preview window of DVDShrink v.3.1.7 Beta 1 or 2? Have you tried to view the dvd's files listings, region, copy protection status, etc., with dvddecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 or with SmartRipper v. 2.4.1?
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...