Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtbckc
    • Mar 2004

Nero not working

Can anyone tell me how to get Nero to working properly again. It keeps telling me that the device is being used by another application. And there is no other application being used or open. This is not allowing me to use DVD shrink to burn. Would really appreciate the help. Thank you.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried a cold reboot?

Comment

• jtbckc
      • Mar 2004

Yes, I installed and uninstalled and rebooted each time. I am thinking it must be due to the demo I had prior to the actual Nero 6. Perhaps it is still recognizing the demo and not the program I installed. I don't know what else it could be.

Comment

• campman
        • Sep 2003

Uninstall again and then run the appropriate "Clean Tool" from the nero site:
        Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

reboot and then reinstall; should fix the problem you are having

campman

Comment

• EMW
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Feb 2004

Do you have Windows XP, I had this problem, but my brother fixed it, but I am not really sure what he did.
          Windows XP has a program that runs that interfers with Nero. There is something in your control panel that you need to deselect. I apologize for not having more information, but try doing a google search with "drive in use by another application" (or whatever the exact error is) and it should give you a few links with the answer to this. This is what we did, and it solved the problem.

I am still new at this as well, but I know that this is your problem, or I am very confident it is.

Let us know how you make out
          Athlon 1800, 768 MB SD RAM, 40GB, XP, Lite-On 451S

Comment

• jtbckc
            • Mar 2004

I got it. Evidently it is a bug when Nero is used with windows XP and you have to disable IMAPI
            Turning of IMAPI.exe wil solve 'Drive in use by another program' problem with NERO
            "How do I turn IMAPI.exe off" you say? Simple: Go to your Control Panel. If you are in "Category View", change to "Classic View" (you'll see the button in the upper left of the screen). Click on "Administrative Tools", them "Services". Scroll down to "IMAPI CD_Burning COM Service", double click on it, check to see if you are on the General Tab, and then Scroll the "Startup Type" to "Disabled", clidk on "Apply" and you're all done. No more problems with IMAPI.exe. Hopefully this will help others. Thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

• EMW
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Feb 2004

Yeah, I knew it had something to do with IMAPI, I just had a brain freeze, but I knew you would figure it out
              Athlon 1800, 768 MB SD RAM, 40GB, XP, Lite-On 451S

Comment

Working...