Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TONY791
    • Apr 2004

Dvd Errors

I am hoping for some assistance. I recently purchased the new Lite On 8x DVD burner and eagerly proceeded to try and transfer some of my home videos and movies from my Hard Drive to DVD. Well this seems to be an exercise in frustration. I am using the supplied software "SONIC" which allows me to import the mpeg files (All of my videos and movies are recorded in high quality Mpeg format). THis process takes some time to complete but when completed I have problems viewing the completed DVD's on my home DVD player. The DVD seems to work well in both the DVD burner and another internal PC DVD but on my home player which is a KOSS KD260-2 the picture stops intermittently and then restarts, when this happens the audio and video are out of sysn,, sometimesm it stops and goes back to beginning, sometimes the pictures is very pixelated as if there are high errors. I understand the KOSS player is supposed to playback DVD -R but it seems to work better with rewritable DVD's. There are some short home movies that I managed to do which play very well on the DVD RW media but when I use same file with DVD-R or +R media the DVD pauses, stops and shows jittery. I dont understand why I am having so many problems, is it the type of media or am I doing something wrong. I'm using an ATHLON 2800+ system with ASUS MB and 512MB memeory. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Working...