Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snakeman
    • Apr 2004

AVI to DVD

Hi all just got my dvd burner the other day trying to get my ripped movies that are in avi format on a dvd to watch them in a regular player. This is what im doing.

So far ive gatherd that TMPGEnc is the best program to use to convert the avi to mpeg and then use TMPGEnc DVD Author to make the file structure. I have those now, still trying to figure out really how to work these programs so what Im looking for is a little bit of direction on what i should do inthese programs. Thanks in adavance for any help
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...