Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f_burner
    • Jan 2004

DVD Disc Cleaning Tricks

I use a cleaning solution that I have @ work for prepress apps (anti-dust,dirt, static w/ protective micro coating) and a soft cloth that came w/ it.

Anyone have disk cleaning tricks??? I've heard/read toothpaste works(buffed in). I won't try it but I heard/read it worked. And those cleaning wheels you spin the disk in seem to f up the disks more (at least w/ CD's).

So what do you do when you get a CRC error and need a good disk cleaning???
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I've heard/read toothpaste works(buffed in). I won't try it but I heard/read it worked."

I don't think you would want to use anything as abrasive as toothpaste. I personally use an eyeglass cleaning solution, with a soft cotton cloth, but warm soapy water (THROUGHLY DRY) will do just fine.

Comment

• f_burner
      • Jan 2004

Yeah, it said to use gel toothpaste to "fill" the scratches. I was wondering if there's any tricks for scratched disks??? That and cleaning dirty ones.

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

well where i liv its too dusty, using cloth or tissu virtually kills the disk. so what i do is put the disk under water or incase of too dirty disk wash with soap or shampooo.
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...