Will DVDShrink support dual layer (DVD-9)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pwangdel
    • Apr 2004

Will DVDShrink support dual layer (DVD-9)?

Greetings:

Will DVDShrink be able to backup DVD-9 format? If not, what other software can be used?

Can DVDShrink backup DVD on the fly, eg. directly from DVD player to DVD burner? If not, is there any other soft out there be able to do it? I am looking to shorten the backup time. It currently take about an hour average to backup (DVDShrink shows burned speed 8X on 4X Sony DVD+R) my 2H movies .

Hardware: BenQ dw822a 8X DVD BURNER, 16X DVD-ROM LiteOn, T-BIRDS 800, 2X120GB WD 8MB buffer, ABIT KT7-RAID, 2X 256MB Mushkin Hi-Performance CAS 2.2.2, nVIDIA QUADRO 128MB 750XGL.

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

DVD Shrink has ALWAYS been able to backup/duplicate/compress DVD-9s.

Your concern should be whether a particular BURNING program can/will be able to BURN to DVD-9 burnable media...

Comment

• pwangdel
      • Apr 2004

Thank you Setarip for your clarification. That's exactly what I meant to ask. So, whick software in conjunction with DVDShrink can support to burn DVD-9 media once it is available?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thank you Setarip for your clarification."

My pleasure ;>}

"So, whick software in conjunction with DVDShrink can support to burn DVD-9 media once it is available?"

Once available, I'd presume that ANY publisher of meaningful software will make certain that such capability is included in his/her program...

Comment

• duckhunter
          • Aug 2004

Burn on the fly...

Can you use DVD Shrink 3.2 to burn directly from the ROM to the burner?

Comment

• pwangdel
            • Apr 2004

Duckhunter:
            May be someone can correct me if I am wrong. I believe DVDShrink, can not duplicate CD/DVD on the fly (CD to CD / DVD to DVD) though.

Comment

• CoWbOyPoEt
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Apr 2002

In DVD Shrink 3.2 you can set the preferences to DVD-9. It will rip then burn directly to dvd. It doesnt take that long but it isnt " ON the Fly ) I have an AMD 2800 Barth, 1 GIGram and it takes really o time at all.

Have a SUPER Day....
              AMD 2800 Barth
              1024 Gig DDR Ram
              NVidea G-Force 5600 Pro 128 MB
              Onboard sound
              2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
              lite-On LTR 16102 B
              lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S

Comment

• maltesers
                • Aug 2004

go edit/prefrences/ cange the media to dvd-9 should do presuming nero soports it

Comment

Working...