The best capture card for video/sound quality?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meirionwyllt
    • Feb 2004

The best capture card for video/sound quality?

Come on guys, tell me what is in your opinion the best manufacturer of video capture card in terms of video and sound quality. I don't want TV card ability/inability co come into this one - only quality of video capture.

I would also welcome any specific model names/numbers, especially if you have selected the "Other" option. Cheers.
    ATI
    0%
    Hauppauge
    0%
    Dazzle
    0%
    Snazzi
    0%
    All-In-Wonder
    0%
    Other
    0%
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

I use the ATI AIW 9000 pro. IMO when set up properly the capture looks almost if not as good as the source. Depends on the quality of the source, ie digital cable capture looks as good as the source, regular cable capture alomost.

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

i was a happy user of 2 snazzi products, first i had the snazzi vcd maker a hardware encoder just for mpeg1, quality was excellent, never had any sync problems.

then came the best i had snazzi AVDV a analog/digital hardwarte encoder, never had sync problems even using vcr's composite and old svideo only cameras. pic comes up really bright and sharp and ofcourse u can realtime change the contrast/color/brigt also.

hav also used svideo input frm my old geforce vivio card, but pic compared to snazzi always comes degraded, dull, somtimes with sync problems if i do mpeg capturing, too many bloks on video.

these days no hardware encoder i use my firewire card to capture dv avi then use cinema craft encoder to make mpeg2 out of it. use video studio 7 / now 8 for editing
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...