• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomlim
    • Nov 2003

the half of subtitles chopped off using DIVX/DVD player

hi

can anyone here help me to answer this?

i got a dvd/divx player and it can play all my avi. format(mostly all anime)

BUT... the problem is some subtitles in the anime have been chopped off in the tv......the subtitles are very below on tv screen....it's very or impossible to read......sorry for my bad english....

i just dont understand when i played the files using my computer......the subtitles are normal on the computer monitor......subtitles are very visible on monitor but when i played them using my divx/dvd player....subtitles are very below on tv screen......i really dont understand this cause my computer monitor is as big as my TV downstairs.

please anyone help me!! i bought this player especially for my anime because i dont want to waste time encoding them into VCD......subtitles on my VCDs are good and visible on TV screen because i always adjust the video arrange method:center(custom size) in TMPGenc....

hope u guys understand what i said
    thks a lot!!
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

I've never delved into subtitles or VCD's but I know some tv's have display modes to cater for different aspect ratios and I've seen at least one which has one mode where everything is just lifted slightly for subtitles, especially those that run to two lines.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• tomlim
      • Nov 2003

hi

thks for replying me sfheath....but how to adjust the aspect ratio in the TV? what if my tv is lousy where it does not have this options?

thk u very much

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Even if it doesn't have an 'aspect' button on the remote, you should have screen size controls, maybe accesible through an OnScreenDisplay?
        I hope this helps
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• tomlim
          • Nov 2003

hi sfheath

thks for the reply again.
          yeah my tv does have the aspect ratio 4:3 and 16:9...that's all it has.....it doesnt help at all when i adjust it to 16:9....the subtitles are still cropped.........
          thks

Comment

Working...