X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ViceStar
    • Feb 2002

Big Big Encoding Problem!!!!!

Please help me!!!!!!!

Is there a way to convert a avi file into another avi file with another audio compression or something?
    Because with some avi files I load into TMPGenc and I start to encode he gives a audio error. This is NOT with all avi files but with a lot of them and I still did NOT find a Solution!!! PLEASE help me or do you have the same problem or is there a other program to convert avi into mpg1 so I can make a VCD... PLEASE PLEASE help me !!!

Last edited by ViceStar; 13 Feb 2002, 11:25 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Is there a way to convert a avi file into another avi file with another audio compression or something?"

Depending upon the nature of the audiostream, yes. But you first have to determine what the audio format of your file is. You can do this in several ways, but let's try this one first since it seems to provide the most information easily:

Load the .AVI into VirtualDub
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"
    Post here everything that's listed...

Comment

• ViceStar
      • Feb 2002

File info of the avi

Heej thanks for the reply here is the info you reqeusted.(see attachement)
      Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

For some reason, the number of audio frames of this file is almost double that of the video frames (normally, they would be almost equal). Perhaps it was created using variable bitrate MP3 encoding or perhaps, the file was just poorly multiplexed.

Load the file into VirtualDub.

Change "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying".

Change "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode".

Under "Audio" select "Conversion" and select 44,100
        Under "Audio", select "Compression" and select "MP3". From the rightside window, select any of the 44,100 choices available. If the rightside window is blank, put a check mark in "Show all formats" - and then choose one of the 44,100 samplerates listed.

Save .AVI with a new filename.

Lte us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ViceStar
          • Feb 2002

Can't find mp3

damn finally I am getting somewhere cool man thanks for your reply. But now I have 1 problem Under "Audio", and than "Compression" I can't find the mp3. (see attachement)
          Do I have a old version of Virtual Dub or something else!!!

GreetZ ViceStar
          Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"MPEG-Layer 3" = "MP3"

Comment

• ViceStar
              • Feb 2002

No 44,100

Oke I did almost everything I am understanding this shit. But I hope this my lastr "stupid" qeustion I checked the box so that I can see all the samplerates but 44,100 isn't listed( see attachement). What should I do.. Be stupid for a whole long time or just stop . Sorry this is my last qeustion you have been very he.lpfull I f I can do something for you jusrt ask okay!!!!

GreetZ ViceStar
              Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Download and install the Radium MP3 codec. If you've got XP as your operating system, I believe you'll have to rightclick on the .EXE file to properly install it. This will provide you with a MUCH wider range of choices than your good friends at Microsoft have chosen to offer ;>}

Comment

• ViceStar
                  • Feb 2002

Owe great Master

Heej Man thanks Now it is finally working without loss of quality.
                  I want to thank you big time for helping me!! But now I have one final last question how do I gain more stars????

GreetZ Dj. ViceStar
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...