Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wazzup
    • Jan 2003

SVCD prob..

hey i recently got a movie file...... it says its SVCD but it aint playing in any of the player ( windows media player / winamp / Video lan player ) i tried it on AVI preview and it said it coudnt detect a proper video codec. what codec would i need for this???? i already have the svcd codec ..... also the audio doesnt suond right.. its full of skips .... i always have probs with such SVCD releases... can anyone help??

thanks
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Load the file into a program called "GSpot". It will tell you what particular codec you need for the file in question, as well as what available codecs you have installed on your machine.

Comment

• Hiro_UK
      • May 2004

Download and install PowerDVD. Even if you only install the trial version you will still have the Cyberlink MPEG-2 codec, which is far better than any of these so called 'SVCD' codecs.

There is a growing problem with SVCD playback as more and more of them are being encoded wrongly (as MPEG-2 Program streams without the correct SVCD header) and out of spec (video bitrate too high).

If you don't have it installed, download and install TMPGEnc.
      Under File run MPEG Tools and under Simple Multiplex load in the 'SVCD'. From the Type drop down list select MPEG-2 Super VideoCD (VBR). Now hit Run (you will have to rename the new file before hand or select another folder to save to). Now let MPEG Tools remux the two streams (video and audio) and rewriter the header information to that of SVCD. You should at the end of the process have a much better working file.

Comment

• reboot
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2004

Run it through VCDGear with the "fix mpeg" box enabled.
        My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• wazzup
          • Jan 2003

k great the vcd gear thing worked.. thanks guys for ur help . Appreciate it..

Comment

• Hiro_UK
            • May 2004

k great the vcd gear thing worked.. thanks guys for ur help . Appreciate it..
            Still recommend using MPEG Tools in TMPGEnc as it will correctly rewrite the header. VCD Gear will give you a playable file, but it doesn't always do things right.

Comment

• wazzup
              • Jan 2003

yeah i know about the tmpgenc thingy but i didnt bother trying it coz my tmpgenc MPEG2 option expired and was feeling lazy to get the crack

Comment

• rsquirell
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Feb 2003

There are tons of posts by people complaining about TMPGenc not working...and after you spend a lot of time trying to help them you find out they're using a cracked version...we end up telling them to buy the real thing.

Comment

• Hiro_UK
                  • May 2004

yeah i know about the tmpgenc thingy but i didnt bother trying it coz my tmpgenc MPEG2 option expired and was feeling lazy to get the crack
                  You don't need the MPEG-2 encoding feature to use MPEG Tools as it's seperate from TMPGEnc. All it will do is remux the two streams then rewrite the header without any need to call on the MPEG-2 codec.

Comment

• wazzup
                    • Jan 2003

na i tried it.. i clicked on SIMPLE MULTIPLEX and then it said ur ..... has expired...

There are tons of posts by people complaining about TMPGenc not working...and after you spend a lot of time trying to help them you find out they're using a cracked version...we end up telling them to buy the real thing.
                    I aint complainin m8 .... im just lazy to bother getting the crack .. thas it.. havent had any probs with the cracked version so far..
                    Last edited by wazzup; 27 May 2004, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• admin
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2001

wazzup: please have a look at rule 6 "Please do not refer to pirated contents":

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• wazzup
                        • Jan 2003

k sorry m8...

Comment

Working...