X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sudhakartv
    • Feb 2002

How to get Good Quality ?

Hi,

I have converted DivX.Avi file to VCD by using TMPGEnc and Virtualdub and Nero CD burner.

Iplayed on DVD player and quality is ok but some times there are some color spots appearing.How can i avoid them.Actually I recorded on CD-RW for testing purpose is this Read write cd causing problem cause repeated recordings and erasing?

Any Idea please?

Thanks.
    Sudhakar
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It's difficult to tell where the problem is really emanating from - especially if you've downloaded (rather than created your own) Divx-compressed .AVI file. Although the .AVI might itself play perfectly, there could be "quirks" in the file that don't rear their ugly heads until the file is converted to another format - it may have to do with video bitrate, difference on compression methodology, audio format, video/audio synchronization, settings selected for the new compression...

I'm personally curious to understand what need you had for VirtualDub in converting to VCD format, if you already had a DivX-compressed .AVI file.

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
      • Nov 2001

Hi sudhakartv, did you choose Slow or Very Slow for the conversion rate in TMPGEnc ? As mentioned in pervious posts this will improve quality. Also have you got your stand-a-lone dvd player hooked up direct to your TV or is it running through a VCR ? I have just swaped a few things on my Entertanment System and do notice the quality is allot better (less pixilation) going direct from the DVD to TV (no ground breaking news there).

Cheers

Comment

• zoli
        not sure
        • Jan 2002

hi people,

donno the answer, but i have the same problem (green specks), and finally another guy showed up having the same prob. In hardware config, we seem to share only the gforce vga.

well, whatever, nevermind

z.

Comment

Working...